If you don’t have a loop back network adapter installed, this might solve your problem.
To install a loop back network adapter do the following for Windows 7:
- (Right Click) My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> (Select)
- Computer -> (click) Action -> Add Legacy Hardware -> Next -> (tick)
- Install the Hardware manually -> Next -> (Select)
- Network adapters -> Next -> (Select)
- Microsoft -> (select)
- Microsoft Loop back Adapter -> Next -> Next -> Finish
- After installing the loop back adapter, find the Network Connections icons with Windows Control Panel.
- Right Click on the loop back adapter’s icon for the properties menu.
- Go into TCP/IPv4 and set the IP address and Sub net mask.
- For the IP and Subnet mask use 172.20.1.1 and 255.255.0.0
- Leave the Default Gateway blank.