Download P3D and MD5 Check sum
- Go to this link. (Will only work when P3D is ordered!)
- First of all check that the license you bought are on your account page.
- Step 1: download the instruction pdf and by all means: read them before you go!
- Step 2: decide what you have to download:
a. It is recommended to download the full version, where you can download the Full zip OR the individual components.
- Step 3: Download the file(s) into your standard Windows download location which looks like C:/Users/yourname/Downloads/ and DO NOT MOVE THE FILE(S)
The compressed file you just downloaded is called: Prepar3D_v4_Academic_22.214.171.12441.zip
You will find your personal MD5 checksum on your Purchased Download page.
- Step 4: After downloading the zip file(s), check the MD5 values.
- To check the MD5 Check sum of the zip files, go here.
- Download this FastSum program.
- Compare your MD5 values as mentioned on your personal Purchade Download page here http://www.prepar3d.com/purchased_downloads/ with the values you retrieve with the Fastsum program.
- Step 5: OK so far? If you see any discrepancy in YOUR MD5 Checksum/State, download the related zip again until the MD5 checksum matches.
- Note: The fact that your MD5 values are correct does not guarantee that the extract process that follows hereafter will be without failures.
- Step 6: After extraction you get all the downloads as in the table Individual Component Downloads
- If you have any trouble to complete the installation, check the individual MD5 checksum values of all zips and download those who show discrepancy.
IT IS USELESS TO PROCEED WHEN THE MD5 CHECKSUM DOES NOT MATCH !
INSTALLATION WILL RESULT IN AN UNPREDICTABLE STATE.
Step 7: When all the MD5 checksum values are OK, then start the update.
Go to Windows 10 Start : Apps and uninstall/install in this sequence
- Step 8: Uninstall the Client; say NO when asked to remove the validation.
- Step 9: Install the new Install_Client.msi
- Step 10: Uninstall Content and install the new Install_Content.msi
- Step 11: Uninstall Scenery and install the new Install_Scenery.msi
The update will take approx. 15 minutes.